Tory and Mikah discuss environmental sleep disrupters (like artificial light and temperature) before interpreting three dreams from listeners.
Notes and links
Environmental Sleep Disrupters
- Light (particularly artificial light)
- Sound (but not white noise)
- Temperature (cool down your bedroom for better sleep)
- Bed mates (kick your partner or pet out of your bed; your body will thank you)
- Listener Tai: A dream about hiding dead bodies and trying to cover one's tracks.
- Listener Trinity: A dream about a dance on a frozen pond with a tentacled beast hiding beneath.
- Listener Shannon: A dream about crumbling teeth falling out of one's mouth.
Send in your dreams:
Follow us on Twitter:
- Blue Light Has a Dark Side - Harvard Health Publishing
- How Sound Impacts Your Sleep Cycle - Amerisleep
- Are Noises Keeping You Awake? - National Sleep Foundation
- Burden of Disease from Environmental Noise, Quantification of Healthy Life Years Lost in Europe - World Health Organization
- Cool Temperature Alters Human Fat and Metabolism - National Institutes of Health